Enter our De Hoop Nature Photography Contest and you could win a 2-night stay for 2 with us
ROUND 3 NOW LIVE
De Hoop Collection in collaboration with Getaway Magazine is delighted to announce the launch of a photographic competition for amateurs.
The idea of a De Hoop Collection Photo competition came from a University of the Free State Master’s student, Jade Hastings after visiting De Hoop for research purposes, specifically to create an awareness of De Hoop Nature Reserve and its biodiversity and to give exposure to photographers.
Surrounded by rare fynbos, sand dunes, the ocean and a diverse selection of game, the reserve – declared a World Heritage site in 2004, offers world-class whale-watching, more than 260 species of birds, including the Cape Vulture and is a nature lover’s paradise.
We are really excited about partnering with Getaway Magazine with the competition which will run from 1 March until 30 November 2022 on social media platforms, said Nini Stephens.
The competition is for amateur photographers only.
Entrants can submit a maximum of three (high resolution) images per category. There are three categories – Marine, Wildlife (including birds) and Landscape.
- Round 1 (1 March – 10 May 2022) CLOSED
- Round 2 (1 June – 10 August 2022) CLOSED
- Round 3 (1 September – 10 November 2022)
Winners for each round will be announced at the end of May, August and November 2022. All round winners will be entered into a draw for the grand prize winner. The grand prize winner will be announced in December 2022.
Enter between 1 March – 10 May 2022 and you could win a two-night stay for two at De Hoop Collection. To enter post your photograph/s on Facebook, tag De Hoop Collection Nature Reserve and Getaway Magazine Facebook pages and use #dehoopphotocomp OR send your high resolution photograph via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full terms & conditions below.
This photograph of a Cape silvertip nudibranch (Janolus capensis) was captured in the rock pools of the De Hoop Marine Protected Area and is a beautiful example of the magical life that can be observed on the rocky shores. Photographer, Jade Hastings, is currently completing a Master’s degree in Parasitology at the University of the Free State investigating the symbionts present on marine gastropods. He hopes that fellow amateur photographers are also inspired to showcase the not-often-seen elements of De Hoop through the photo competition.
This competition is run in partnership with Getaway Magazine
De Hoop Collection Photo Competition
HOW TO ENTER:
- Post your images to either Facebook or Instagram and use the official competition hashtag #dehoopphotocomp and tag @DeHoopCollection on Facebook or @dehoopreserve on Instagram, and @GetawayMagazine on Facebook or @getawaymagazine on Instagram
- OR send your high-resolution photograph via WeTransfer to email@example.com
- A maximum of 3 entries per category per round will be allowed
- Entrants are encouraged to follow De Hoop Collection Nature Reserve and Getaway Magazine official Facebook pages but this is not an official entry requirement
- There are three (3) categories: Marine, Wildlife (including birds) and Landscape.
- The competition will run from 1 March 2022 until 30 November 2022 on both social media platforms.
Competition Info & Terms
- The top three (3) photographs per round will be announced after each round and thereafter one (1) winner for that round will be chosen by an independent judging panel.
- All round winners will be entered into the draw for the grand prize winner.
- Winners will be contacted by De Hoop Collection and announced on De Hoop Collection social media platforms and Getaway Magazine.
- Round 1: 1 March 2022 – 10 May 2022
- Round 2: 1 June 2022 – 10 August 2022
- Round 3: 1 September – 10 November 2022
- Winners for each round will be announced at the end of May, August and November 2022
- Round winners must send their high-resolution image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The grand prize winner will be announced in December 2022.
- Entrants must be amateur photographers.
- Staff members of De Hoop Collection, Cape Nature and Accommodation Establishments inside De Hoop Nature Reserve and their family members are not allowed to enter.
- Photographs must be taken at De Hoop Nature Reserve to qualify for entry and species be identified (where appropriate).
- A standard credit of the photographer’s name and the species or area of De Hoop will be watermarked onto the photo when printed.
- Entrants agree that all photographs entered can be used for marketing purposes by De Hoop Collection without crediting the photographer. By entering, each photographer gives De Hoop Collection automatic consent.
- All winning photographs will be printed by De Hoop Collection and displayed in the reception area.
- Each Round Winner will receive a 2-night stay for 2 pax in a self-catering cottage in De Hoop Collection.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive a 2-night stay for 2 pax in a luxury suite on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast basis including 1 guided activity per day as decided by De Hoop Collection.
- Winners will receive their accommodation voucher via email with all relevant terms and conditions noted.
- Competition is in no way associated or endorsed by Instagram or Facebook.
- Prize not redeemable for cash
- Entry open to persons over the age of 18 only
- Prizes exclude transport to and from De Hoop Collection.