Self-catering or luxury accommodation in one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa The De Hoop Collection offers a wide range of accommodation. From affordable self-catering chalets to more luxurious self-catering cottages and upmarket fully catered lodges. The De Hoop Collection accommodation has something for everyone, from families travelling on a limited budget, couples seeking a comfortable but affordable breakaway to top-end fully inclusive weddings and honeymoons. Catered and self catered options are available for most accommodation types.
Important Info About Your Stay:
- Our stunning coastline, Koppie Alleen, is situated approximately 13km from our accommodation. Those who are fit as fiddles might find a strenuous cycle suitable, alternatively, a drive in your vehicle will take you 25min.
- The Fig Tree Restaurant is quite the place to be and therefore packed; in high season especially. Please ensure that you book a table for dinner to secure your spot.
- Our activities are weather and tide dependant and is best booked by yourself a day in advance or once you arrive. We can also book for you well in advance but bear in mind that the weather and tide will have the last say.
- Cape Nature does not allow driving around on the reserve after sunset. We have permission though for driving between our cottages and restaurant once the sun has set.
- For guests staying in the Opstal area - Most of our guests opt to walk to the restaurant at night; and what a lovely walk it is! The cottages located the furthest from the restaurant is less than a 10min walk away. Just remember to carry a torch with you! Torches are provided in our suites only and not in self-catering units.
- The nearest petrol pump is a 15-20min drive away and only open Mon-Fri during business hours and until 12h on a Saturday. Best fill up before arrival in the last town you pass – Bredasdorp, Riviersonderend or Swellendam.
- If you are self-catering, please ensure that you bring all your supplies. Our curio shop sells wood, firelighters and meat but it really is a gift shop and not a food shop.